Monday, October 13, 2008

Red Ribbon Week

For those of you who don't know, Red Ribbon Week is the week we celebrate NOT doing drugs.
We celebrated last week and this is how:
Monday: Hat Day, "Wear your hats and let's say hats off to those who stay away from drugs."

Tuesday: Inside Out Day, "Drugs will turn you inside out." (Adrian chose not to participate.)
Wednesday: Crazy Sock Day, "Doing drugs is crazy."
(There is no photo for this day because I was at the ER until 2 a.m. and it was a miracle that we even got up to get kids to school. They all wore cute crazy socks but I was never motivated enough to take a picture.)

Thursday: Backwards Day, "Drugs make you feel all backwards." (Again, Adrian was a non-participant but he wanted to be in the picture because he said he looked awesome.)

Friday: Red Day, "Wear red to symbolize your commitment to say no to drugs." (Also no picture for this day.)

Apparently preschool was on a different red ribbon schedule and I was unaware so on the day Charlie was supposed to wear red he went to school with his clothes inside out. His teacher probably thought I didn't know how to dress him. We did however get Thursday right for him which was, "Use your head, don't do drugs, crazy hair day!"

6 comments:

Hunters said...

That's so cute. I like that they explain why you are doing all the fun things. I am never sure why we are wearing pajamas to school. Maybe because drugs make you fall asleep and never wake up? Ethan was really upset when I told him not to take candy from anyone because sometimes drugs look like candy. He seems to think that he'll know the difference and that the person giving him the drugs will be honest and say that they're giving him drugs. I'm a little nervous.

Ashley said...

Uhhh...if that's crazy hair than I don't know what you guys think of Thomas'! That's a funny post, since Adrian never would participate does that mean he doesn't say No to drugs. Just kidding. Love the pictures!

Amie said...

Cute pictures--especially Charlie on hair day. I love that Adrian's already way too cool. :) I hope you are sleeping better these days, Sarah.

RaeAnn said...

I agree, you have some dang cute kids. The girls are growing up so fast! You guys coming for either holiday?

Katie said...

Very cute, next week is our red ribbon week I hope they do something fun. I hope that Donald is doing better. Love Kt

Grandma said...

Thanks for all the cute pictures of the Blodgett family. You are a happy, good looking group. I hope you start getting more sleep Sarah and Dan or at least enough to survive on. A few days ago Uncle John was in the locker room at school and a friend pulled out a handful of drugs and asked John if he take drugs. John just looked at him and said no! The boy said, "Oh, neither do I!" I hope not! Love MOM