Friday, October 31, 2008

Could You Forgive Him?

We were planning a fun trip to Boise this weekend. We had the kids all packed and ready to leave Thursday morning. Unfortunately Wednesday night was less than great with my sick baby. He was suddenly awake that entire night crying and coughing. It was so yucky. On top of that his soft spot was swollen again! What is up with that? I sat up most of the night holding him and trying to help him rest.

In the morning I had to wake the kids up for school when they'd been anticipating a day off. I was so sad for them. When I told the girls we weren't going to Boise to visit Grandpa because Donald was sick Rebecca burst into tears. Throughout the morning she was crying off and on and was so sad that Shari eventually started crying too. I managed to get them off to school and take Donald into the Dr. He was diagnosed with the croup and had to have a shot and breathing treatment. He was so crabby all day.

When the kids got home from school we met them on the lawn and Donald gave them all this sweet little smile. I asked them if they could possibly forgive him for messing up our plans for Boise and they said, Of Course! I hope all of our family in Boise can forgive him too. We miss you guys and wish we'd been able to make it there. We hope you have a Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

RaeAnn said...

aww shucks. I guess we will let it go this one time. I keep thinking I have a full weekend, and then I remember it was suppose to be full of n&N fun! (niece and nephew) Hope you guys had fun last night!

Anna Mae and Boyd said...

I forgive Donald and I am not even a part of this. What a loving family you have that they want to see Grandpa that much. Scary comtumes.