Thursday, March 26, 2009

Birthday Boy

We had so much fun yesterday. We took lots of movies but I'll have to figure out which ones I want to put on the blog. For now it's easier to do pictures. We started out the day with a lot of singing of Happy Birthday. Donald even started saying "cha cha cha" between the phrases like his big brothers and sisters. After we sent all the kids to school we made cupcakes and Donald got to eat his first cake batter. He loved it as you can see.

After we got done with the cupcakes I realized I'd forgotten to get him some balloons. Charlie thought we couldn't have a birthday without balloons so we went out for a quick trip to Walmart. While in the balloon aisle Donald noticed all the ready made helium balloons and they made him squeal and smile so of course I couldn't resist getting him one. This is the one he picked out.
We also blew up a bunch of regular balloons and they kept him busy for most of the afternoon. After his nap he played basketball with his brother but it was cold enough that he didn't argue too much when I brought him back in. For dinner we had his very favorite which is spaghetti. He was in heaven. He ate more spaghetti than all of our big kids.
He stuffed himself with so much spaghetti he wasn't to into the whole cupcake thing. He was enthralled by his 1 little candle but then he wanted to squish and then share his cupcake with all of us.
For presents he got a new pair of shoes, a ball and Donald sized basket, and a cute stuffed pelican from Rebecca. He also got the entire Legos Star Wars XBOX game but that's kind of a present for all of us. It was a happy happy Birthday.



3 comments:

RaeAnn said...

happy birthday donald! we love you and would LOVE to share a cupcake with you anytime.

Kimberly McLaughlin said...

wow, donald sure looks like Dad, I mean Grandpa Blodgett. I can't believe he's already a whole year old!!!

Katie said...

How fun!! I am glad he had a great birthday, sorry I am a little slow at responding to your post, give him an extra kiss from his Aunt Katie, actually I will get to see him today so I will do it myself. Love kt

ps I love your new family picture