Sunday, December 21, 2008

One Week Before Christmas...

10 years ago, Rebecca Marie was born. She was such a fun Christmas present and I love celebrating her birthday. On December 12 we had her friend Mikayla sleep over. The two of them made brownies so we decided she should blow out candles while she had her friend over. She must have made a really important wish because she put her all into blowing out those 10 candles.
On Rebecca's birthday I brought Charlie and Donald to the school to watch their Christmas sing-a-long. Charlie loved sitting with Rebecca and her friends all through the program. Everyone did an excellent job. (On a side note, when the program was over Charlie stood up as every one was leaving and stomped his feet and yelled, "I didn't get to do my song!" I asked him to do his song for me so he sang, "Dun dun dun dun Everybody Dance Now!" I'm sure that would have gone over well with the entire school.)
After school we had friends over and made peanut butter popcorn and drank hot chocolate. We waited until Dad got home to open presents and she was so happy. I wish I could post the video but it's too long. I made her a collage of portraits of her lovely face. She got a dress with money from Grandparents. We also got her a cute shirt, a necklace with charms, and a Beautiful Bride Becky doll.
Here's the real birthday cake, chocolate chocolate! Yum. She's my kind of girl.

She wore her new dress to church today along with a new bracelet from her Aunt Jessie. (It fits her perfect and she loves it. Thanks Jess.)
Am I really old enough to have a 10 year old?! She's so grown-up!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy birthday Bec! So exciting to be 10, and looks like you had a great day. Hope you and your ufamily have a good Christmas.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RaeAnn said...

HB GF!! Happy birthday girlfriend. You look absolutely beautiful Bec!! Love you!

Hunters said...

She looks so beautiful in her new dress with her hair all curly. She's so grown up. I love her so much. Love, Aunt Jessie

Anna Mae and Boyd said...

I absolutely love 10 year old girls. They love the world and all the good things in it. Time does fly, enjoy every moment of it. AGAIN, great family. It sounds like you make birthdays so special. Your mom-in-law was a master at that.