Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Shari

Our little Shari turned 8 yesterday! She celebrated in true Shari style. She wanted to bring something to hand out to her class. I was against sweets and candy so she wanted to bring little stretchy sticky plastic bugs and reptiles. They were a huge hit. When I went to pick her up from school I kept seeing frogs and lizards held by kids of all ages. I asked Shari how so many kids got her stretchy animals and she said that after class people thought they were so cool they kept coming up to her and asking her if they could have one and of course, she kept giving them away. She ended up bringing enough home that I was able to bribe everyone to get their jobs and homework done so they could have one too.
For dinner she wanted crock-pot italian chicken, or as we like to call it "Aunt Shari's chicken". For her birthday cake she wanted cinnamon streusel cake with cookie dough ice cream on the side. It was an interesting combination. I loved it because it involved no frosting and I could make it at the last minute because breakfast cake is always better warm. Then she got to play with her presents until bed time. She is a super sweet 8 year old.
Here she is before unwrapping presents.
Shari got a shirt, a peek-a-boo petites doll playset
and some dolls to go with it. Could it be my 7 month old is
almost as big as my 8 year old! He looks so huge.

I think Shari is fascinated by fire. She blew out
her candles so slowly. I don't think anyone ever told
her she has to blow them all out at once.
I wish I knew what her wish was.
This morning we finished off her cake for breakfast. She said the prayer and it was so sweet. She prayed that she would have a good baptism and asked Heavenly Father to help her be a good member of the church. Where did I get this girl? She is such an angel.
For those of you who might be able to make it, we are going to be having her baptism December 6. She's so excited!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh what a fun day, we thought of her yesterday and I am glad it went well. I can't believe the picture of her and Donald, it looks so funny. Love ya Shari

Jaime said...

She's so adorable and sweet. Must be her loving parents!

RaeAnn said...

I remember my 8th bday well... Hope I can come to your baptism Shari!! I didn't know our bdays were soo close together. We are the coolest, don't you think?

Anna Mae and Boyd said...

EIGHT is GREAT!! Shari is a beautiful girl and so sweet. Happy Birthday and Happy Babtism. I REALLY NEED TO LIVE CLOSER!!

Ashley said...

Did you guys get a new table? LOVE IT!

Kimberly McLaughlin said...

Happy Birthday Shari!! Sounds like she had a wonderful birthday. I remember looking forward to my 8th birthday the most, (well until I started looking forward to the 16th!!) :)

Amie said...

Happy birthday, cute Shari! How did we get this old, Sarah? I love the pictures.

Lisa said...

what happened to lighting candles with a match? i think that is what tooele will do to you. or is it gransville. whatever. it changes people.