School got out on May 25 and we left for Boise May 27.
Adrian got to spend his ninth birthday on the road to Idaho and then we celebrated in style at Grandpa's house. It was so much fun. He got a new baseball glove, a new basketball, a mini Children's songbook, some new clothes, and a week of golf lessons. Aunt RaeAnn and Uncle Paul bought him 9 candy bars, and with money from his Grandparents we took him out and he bought a couple of nice Halo Lego sets. I keep forgetting he's 9 and he gets so annoyed when I call him my 8 year old:)

Adrian is so reliable/predictable. Every year he wants brownies for his birthday cake. I love it.

In Boise we had so much fun hanging out with Aunt Kimberly, Uncle Paul, Aunt RaeAnn and Grandpa. Donald loved all of the extra attention. He thrilled them all with his enthusiastic Lego Rock Band songs. Here Donald is impressing Aunt Kimberly with one of his silly faces.

On Memorial Day we went and visited my cousin Marie and her family. It's been 12 years since I've seen her so it was really awesome. We really need to do it more often! I loved how our kids got along so great and how much Marie's kids reminded me of my McKnight cousins. Here's how they all look together, McKnights and Weirs. It was so much fun.

The day after we visited Marie we went into Boise to try out the Discovery Science Center. There were three big rooms full of experiments and examples of science. The kids loved this station where they got to make remote control rovers.

My girls got a big kick out of some mirrors in a triangle that made it look like you were standing in a crowd. We had lots of fun with it.



Here are my quadruplets. They are so adorable!

Shari's such a good actress. She brings out the actor in everyone around her.

The next day we went and visited one of my friends I knew in the Netherlands. My kids had so much fun and so did I but I didn't take any pictures! I am so bummed. I think it's the perfect reason for us to get together again, Erica. Since I didn't take any recent pictures I wanted to include one from when we lived in Holland. Erica is the one in the awesome hat.

We were going to leave Thursday to get back home in time to start planting our garden Friday but we were having too much fun in Boise and no one wanted to leave, so we stayed an extra day. It was freezing cold and rainy but we still managed to spend some time at one of the great parks by Grandpa's house.

Sister Love.

I don't know how Dan manages it but he kept all 4 of them swinging! They have so much fun with their Dad.


I'm sure by Friday morning our wonderful Boise family had had their fill of us. When we managed to get everything packed into the van, including the kids, I went back into the house to make sure we didn't forget everything and there was silence. I think Aunt Kimberly and Grandpa appreciate their quiet house even more now that we're gone. Thanks for showing us such a great time! It was the perfect way to start the summer.
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Adrian!! I can't believe how stinkin' big Jared is too. I really wish we could have made it to Boise to hang out while you guys were there. Sounded like you got a lot of fun things in while being there. Love getting an update and seeing all your pictures. Miss you guys!
Haha it was SO great to have you!! Now the house seems almost too quiet... :)
I totally remember that picture like it was just yesterday! (And yes I do kind of realize how old it makes me sound to say that! Haha.) You Weir girls and Erica and Alyssa . . . so adorable! How fun that you got to visit her on your trip. Your kids are too cute!
Happy birdthady to one of my very favorite nine year olds! I loved seeing all your pictures and I am so happy you got to go on a road trip to Boise. :) Can't wait to see all of you beautiful Blodgett's soon!
It was so fun! We should have taken pics of our sleepovers. We love that you came and stayed a good long visit!
Post a Comment