I don't have internet yet and I haven't taken a single picture but if you're interested in reading a little, I'm posting.
The drive turned out really well. Dan was amazing and I was just a passenger the entire time. The kids were mostly cheerful, except for the occasional temper tantrum by Donald, but we would have had that at home anyways. The first night we were in Laramie, Wyoming. The second day I got a migraine halfway through Nebraska. I was so upset but I was able to rest a little through it and once we got to Omaha I was actually able to help get the kids to bed. The third day we ended up in Chicago and I was so happy to see Ane and the family. It was really wonderful for the kids to be in a house and play with cousins. On Saturday we drove to Richfield, Ohio and finally on Sunday we made it!! When we asked the kids about their favorite part of the trip it was definitely swimming and playing Nintendo DS, oh yeah, and visiting their cousins!!
Sunday night we made beds and ate dinner and I tried to sleep but the rental bed was way to hard for my aching pregnant body. We had it replaced yesterday and I can finally sleep again.
Monday we unpacked and Dan did a ton of shopping. Some friends had us over for dinner and it was wonderful to have a break from unpacking.
Tuesday we tried to get the kids into school but didn't have all the paperwork we needed. We were lucky to find out their teachers and get a tour. The school is amazing. I kept oooohing and aaahing and I think the school secretary must have thought I was born in a barn. They have a paid music, art, and p.e. teacher and they have super facilities for each. You can pay for lunches online! and the library made me drool. The best part of all is they have really great teachers and really small class sizes, well, compared to Utah.
Wednesday was their first official day and it went really well for all of them. Rebecca had two friends to invite over after school and they all had tons of homework. They made it home on their first bus ride and Thursday morning they managed to catch their bus as well. I had a migraine Thursday morning so that was rough but today has been a little better. I'm thankful it's Friday and I'm trying to take it easy.
Unfortunately I have to go to the library for internet so I won't be checking very often. We'll get internet at our house on February 1 is what we're hoping.
Virginia is so beautiful and our house is perfect for this little adventure. I love the kids school and Dan is enjoying his work thus far. I'm surprised when I look out my windows that Virginia still feels like home. Utah has been home for a few years and before that I didn't think home existed but I find when I go out and about that I am reminded of all the things I loved about Virginia. It was, after all, home for some pretty formative years. I can't wait to see old friends and hopefully I'll have some energy to get reaquainted with the area.
Next on my list is finding a Dr. and getting an ultrasound so we can find out if we're having a boy or a girl...
Thomas first year of 4-H
11 years ago
6 comments:
I hope you love it in VA. Then you can come back and love it in UT! As long as you're with Dan it will feel like home:)
Wow what an adventure. I am so sorry that you are feeling so bad. I hope that things get better and we're so anxious to find out what you are having!!!
Welcome home!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see you!
Wow! That is quiet the trek you guys made! I can't believe Rebecca's already made friends. I still haven't made friends in college! haha. Oh to be young! Sorry that you've been feeling headache-ish.
I hoped you guys get settled in quickly!! Be safe!
I am so sorry to hear about your migraines! That can't be fun being mommy when your head hurts. I feel for you.
So glad you made it! Isn't it strange how some places just feel like home? That's how I feel about Colorado and it's a good thing, too. How are your migraines? It seems like you have had so many. I can't even imagine. Well, I hope you have a great adventure in Virginia. Love you!
Post a Comment