Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Visit and Another Trip.

I feel so lucky to have had Ane here visiting for a few days last week. I know it's a long way from Chicago to Salt Lake but I'm so glad they came. Here she is right in my very own living room with her doll baby Emerson. He's so sweet. You had to pinch him to make him cry and even then he wouldn't cry much.
After our Ane visit I went down to Mesa, AZ where all my sisters and brother's met up to celebrate Donald and Shannon getting sealed in the temple. It was so amazing to be there and so wonderful to spend some time with Donald and Shannon. The family stayed at a fun vacation home with a pool and everything. I should have taken more pictures of the scenery and vacationy stuff but I couldn't get enough of the people I was with. I wish I had a picture of everyone but this is who happened to be there when I had my camera out.
Here is my nephew, Isaac, after we gave him a bath. He was a super traveling buddy and complained less than I did on the airplane.

Here is Katie, Dallin, and Ashley. She makes a terrific superman. She acts like she owns the world and I'm certain she can do anything she puts her mind to.
Here is my dad running away from me with a camera. It looks all action packed and of course my dad is action packed.
Here's Katie all gorgeous. I hope you had a happy birthday, Katie. I am so glad we got you all there for the party.
Here's my studious sister. Amanda is finishing her Bachelor's degree so this is her bachelor degree face. You can actually see her getting smarter!
This is Amanda's daughter, Deya. She's not so studious but she does have a good imagination. While sitting at the airport we decided to use our forks as dinglehoppers instead of utensils. It was great fun and I think everyone sitting around us may have lost their appetite.
Aunt Jessie needed a little help with the dinglehopper as well.

When Amanda and I got home the kids were all waiting for us with signs up everywhere welcoming us home! Dan made a spectacular dinner and the house was so clean. I'm so thankful he was at home with the kids which means I didn't have to worry a bit. He made the party possible for me.
Summer is winding down this week. School starts on August 24th. Hopefully we can make the most of it.

5 comments:

Hunters said...

It was all like a beautiful dream!! Maybe because I'm exhausted from Isaac waking up every 2 hours last night. What a punk! The dream is over- he's getting irritated about being in his swing. Please, fall asleep.

Katie said...

What fun times we've had, I love all the pictures, School starts tomorrow for Dallin and I want to cry, maybe we should have stayed at the Grand Canyon.

Ashley said...

Oh man, not too much of summer left. Lookslike you had a great trip though, the pictures are fun, and it was neat to hear how much fun you had. What a nice husband danny.

Amie said...

Cute pictures, Sarah! I'm glad you could go and leave your kids in expert hands. Hope you have a fun last week before school starts. We still have 2 weeks and 3 weeks for Mia!

Ane said...

Sarah, I can't thank you enough for letting us come and stay with you. It was like a dream. I love you. I miss you. Love, Ane