Friday, May 15, 2009

No Weeds!

Last week we had a lot of work done on our yard by a Landscape company. They ripped out our hedges that covered our window wells because I wanted more light in the basement. It also means less trimming and yard trash so I really like it. They laid down rocks everwhere they made changes so I really like that too. Here is the area where there used to be hedges near the house.

Along with our changes right up near the house we had them change our whole garden area. They built us 4 garden boxes and laid rocks down where there used to be tons of weeds. It's such a relief. I spent many summer mornings last year losing the war against the weeds in our garden. This year we hope to have more luck with growing things other than weeds.
We also had a little trimming done on the kids. Shari had 6 inches cut off her hair. It makes washing, brushing, and fixing so much better!

All the boys were buzzed as well, including Dan, but he's not pictured here. It was quite a chore buzzing our little Donald because his hair was so long and he was super wiggly.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow that sounds like some great projects. I am impressed, and jealous of the garden especially. I can't imagine dannys hair buzzed, we need a definite pic of that one!!! Guess we won't be seeing you guys when you're in Boise, it's like the one weeekend we aren't there in the next month. SO sad, but what can ya do? We'll have to see you another time. I didn't comment on the donald video but LOVED IT AS WELL!

RaeAnn said...

Sounds like money well spent. Shari, I can't believe you cut so much hair off! iT looks super cute!! Can't wait to see you. Love, Aunt RaeAnn

Hunters said...

I was so happy to see a fun blog like that this morning! Thank you! Love, JLH