Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a lot of fun and lots to celebrate. On Friday morning we headed up to Boise, Idaho to visit family. About 30 minutes into the drive our DVD player broke and Donald had a meltdown. In fact, Donald had a meltdown that lasted the whole 5 hour trip to Boise. It was amazing to see that kind of frustration and dedication to letting us know how much he disliked being in his carseat.
Saturday started with Dan heading out to the golf course with his dad. The girls had spent the night at their Aunt RaeAnn's house and me and the boys got to hang out with the birthday girl, Aunt Kimberly.
We went to a super fun park with sprinklers and lots of fun play stuff.
After we all met up again for lunch at Grandpa Blodgett's we went to the pool in his neighborhood. The kids had so much fun swimming but we eventually needed to get back to partying with the birthday girl.
We ate at Outback Steakhouse and it was really yummy. Donald managed to eat all of Grandpa's fries, all of Charlie's fries, and half of Adrian's mashed potatoes. He also went nuts for the fried onion appetizer. I know it has a cute name but I can't remember what it is. Donald really liked it though.
Sunday was nice. We went to church and got to hear Kimberly speak. She did such an amazing job. I wanted to ask her for a copy of her talk. It was wonderful to hear her testimony. After church Dan made a yummy roast. Then the kids watched a movie and Kimberly and I got to watch Twilight. I've been wanting to see it. I have to say I liked it more than I thought I would and it actually reminded me of how much I liked that book.
Monday was our long drive home but we survived and our new DVD player lasted throughout. Donald did a lot better. When we got home we met up with the Hunter's for a quick game of baseball. It helped us get our wiggles out after the long drive and it reminded us that it was a holiday and not just a day for a long drive.
(By the way, we forgot to bring our camera for our fun weekend! I had to find generic pictures of all the places we went. You have to admit the pictures are much more professional.)
Now we only have this week and 3 days into the next week left of school! Hurray! I can't wait for summer.

2 comments:

RaeAnn said...

Nice job on the picture finding. That really is my dad in the top pic though, right? I was wondering how you took a pool pic with no kids in it! We had so much fun with you. It was awesome. And the appetizer...awesome blossom.

Ashley said...

I thought that was my dad in the top pic too! I am so BUMMED that I missed out on the Dan Blodgetts coming to visit. Sounds like you guys had fun. Someday we'll get to meet Donald. Sorry about the broked Dvd player. No fun at all!