We cleaned the house New Years Eve and put away Christmas stuff and played Rock Band New Years Day. The real fun began Friday when we headed to Elko, Nevada to see my niece, Sarah, get baptized. We stayed at a hotel and made sure they had a pool so we could enjoy swimming with cousins.
The hotel stay was nice to include a really good hot breakfast each morning. Charlie wowed the hotel patrons with a rousing version of "Everybody Dance Now!" right in the middle of breakfast. It was such a surprise because we'd lectured him before hand about being quiet and polite and neither of us could stop the outburst. Afterwards we were trying to explain to him that he wasn't being quiet but all we could do was laugh.
The kids were all so excited to try out the new goggles they got in their stockings.
Hanging out with family was the best part of all. Here's almost all of the cousins at one time (there were actually 17 of them there!), enjoying watching Horton Hears a Who. I think us moms were enjoying a quiet moment upstairs and the dads were out back in the garage playing ping pong by the fireside.
It was difficult to get kids up this morning to begin a new week at school. I was a little surprised that Charlie jumped right up and got ready so quickly. I went downstairs to help my grumpy kids get lunches ready and he comes down and announces he's ready for kindergarten! He thought the new year meant he could start school. I felt so bad explaining to him that he had to wait until August. He was very downtrodden and felt like 8 months was a really long time to wait until I mentioned that today was an XBOX day. That cheered him right up. I'm glad he can appreciate the little things he enjoys now.
3 comments:
maybe charlie gets his inappropriate outbursts from his aunts ashley and raeann?
Just from his Aunt RaeAnn I think. Looks like a fun trip, I Can't believe how many cousins they have on that side. It's awesome you all went there for the baptism. Such great support.
I love all the pictures, Sarah. Sebrina's favorite friend here is turning ten in a few days, but is in the 4th grade. Anyway, Sebrina has asked me several times, "Mom, how old is Rebecca, again? Is she REALLY ten?" How do people just keep on growing up?! You make a lovely little family. With a face as sweet as Donald's, he just cannot stink. I refuse to believe it. :) Love you and miss you. I think you should come visit me? It's only, like, a 24 hour plane ride. No big deal.
Post a Comment