Today Adrian finished a week of golf lessons so Dan and I thought it'd be fun to take him out and golf 18 holes to see what he learned. We got off to kind of a slow start because we were behind a group of 5 plus it was really hot so by the time we got to the back 9 I was worn out. When we got to the 15th hole I stayed in the cart while Adrian tee'd up his ball and got ready to hit with his 7 iron. He had 80 yards to the pin and just took one little practice swing and then hit a beautiful shot right to the green. Dan said, "That could be a hole in one and I looked up and watched it roll right into the hole!!
I'm guessing all the other players out there today were a little annoyed right at that moment because I screamed, "YOU JUST GOT A HOLE IN ONE!!!" There were lots of cheers and high fives and Adrian had the biggest smile on his face. Our first order of business was to call Grandpa Blodgett and tell him:) We knew he'd be as excited for Adrian as we were. Man when we walked up to the hole I half expected not to see the ball in there I just couldn't believe he'd done it. It's only his second time golfing 18 holes. It was so awesome. He quit playing with that ball so he could sign it and save it. That hole will never be the same for any of us again. What a thrill.
When we got done with all 18 holes we went in and told the Golf Pro, Christian Scott, and he gave Adrian a high five and took down all the information. He even wrote down Dan and me as witnesses. He says that our newspaper, the Tooele Transcript, will publish a little blurb about Adrian's hole-in-one. Then he gave Adrian a plaque that says, "Oquirrh Hills Golf" and Hole in One and we can have it personalized for him. It was so great that Chris made a big deal out of it and even gave him a plaque.
Now maybe his dad and grandpa can catch up to him and get a hole in one too.

3 comments:
Wow that is so exciting, and how fun for Adrian. I remember the days of golf lessons, but never remember getting that good! He'll be going on golf trips in no time.
I'm so proud to call him mine!! I've never known anyone who got a hole-in-one!
That is VERY impressive. Way to go!!! Next time I see him I want to see the plaque and shake his hand. So fun.
Post a Comment