Friday, January 27, 2012

New Year New Bathroom

Here is the before and after of our newly remodeled master bathroom.
Here's our before shower. There was water leaking out from under it into our fancy mint green carpet so we thought it was time to make a change.
This is our giant tub that could fit our entire family, however we could only fill it up about 6 inches because our water heater just doesn't heat enough water to fill a swimming pool. I wasn't sad to get rid of it, although the kids got some use out of it we never did. Plus, if I ever did put Jared in the tub I'd have to jump in after him to get him out because he would just high-tail it for the corner where I couldn't reach him.
Here's a wider shot so you can fully enjoy the green and moldy carpet.
We decided to put a tub where the big shower was and put a bigger shower where the huge tub was. It's worked out pretty well. Here's the new tub.
This is our lovely new set up. Our plumber/friend who did most of the work for us built a wall to frame in a new shower and then we had some cultured marble put in. We opted out of a door and so far I really like it because I hate cleaning shower doors and I think shower curtains can be so pretty.
Also, notice the lovely new floor. It's vinyl so I don't have to worry about grout or cracked tile and also its much warmer to walk on.
And this is the giant shower with 2 heads. The little boys love it. The downside to not having a door on the shower is that now when I can't find Jared I have to check the shower as well as the toilet room.
Dan and Scott did a brilliant job painting the bathroom a soothing beige color. I love it. Dan also put in a new light fixture which is way better then the old one.
It all worked out so well I am so relieved it's done. Our hall bathroom is in the finishing stages we just need to paint a little and get it all cleaned up. I forgot to take before pictures of that one but it's basically the same idea. Horrible old carpet in the bathroom! and gross old plastic tub surround. Now it's much better.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow it is a great improvement! I am sure you guys are loving it. That shower is HUGE!! The paint is really nice, and I am sure the layout suits everyone so much better.

RaeAnn said...

It looks so great!!! I can't wait to see the next one.
I also really like the family pic at the top~! I think me and dad both need a copy of that.

Kimberly McLaughlin said...

wow!! it looks so fancy!! I can't wait to see what my newly remodeled bathroom looks like :)

Amie said...

It's lovely! I love thte double wide shower. :) That would be hours of kid fun right there. Looks great!