My baby girl turned 12 this weekend. I have to include some older pictures as well. Here she is in Mobile, Alabama, when she was 3 sitting on her "Thinking Chair" like Steve from Blues Clues. I am sure she had some really astounding thoughts this day.

Here she is her first day of Kindergarten in Ocean Springs, MS.

Here she is in Pensacola, FL with her baby sister. I think she was 3 or 4.

Here she is on her 5th birthday. This ballet dress was her present from Grandma Weir.

Here she is as a 6 month old boy, oh wait, I mean this is Jared but he looks exactly like her!

On Friday night we had a wonderful Piano Recital with all the piano playing cousins participating. It was a night of wonderful music so we decided to include Happy Birthday to Rebecca as one of the songs. It was so fun to hear such a rousing chorus of happy singers.

On her birthday I actually made her help a little with laundry. How can I be so cruel? It isn't so bad because her brothers and sister did her jobs for her while she sat on the couch and picked songs for her birthday CD.

10 fingers and 2 toes this year! Next year I don't know what we'll do.

Here she is ready for her first official day as a Young Woman. She recited the 4th article of faith at the beginning of Sacrament Meeting and came home with tons of hand outs and presents from her first day with the Young Women. She loved it and I know they love her.
6 comments:
Wow! She really is a young woman now. I just can't believe it. I love how Jared can find his way into any and every post. He's quite a guy. Oh, and back to Rebecca, she's quite a gal!! I actually thought about her today saying that her bad day would help her to appreciate when she had a good day. How profound.
Oh man, she is so cute. I am surprised how she hasn't changed much from her baby pictures. She looks very similar, I love it. Looks like she had fun with lots of cousins, and I am sure Y.W. happy to have her a part of it now! Next stop....teenager!
It seriously seems like yesterday that Kimberly turned twelve! These next six years will go so fast! :(
I agree with Ash, she has always been such a pretty girl...happy birthday Rebecca!
Thanks for the invite to the blog! I know we're just up the street, but still! I loved the younger pictures of Becca. She hasn't changed much- she's still a doll! Happy Birthday again!
Oh my goodness! I can't believe she's in Young Woman's!! I bet she had the best time; it is so exciting to advance to that stage! I hope she is feeling very good and mature as a 12 year old!
Oh, Sarah! 12?! How did that happen? It's been too long since we have talked. My brother is getting married in April, so maybe, just maybe if the stars align, we could go to lunch or dinner sometime. . . :) Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment