Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of School

It's hard to believe that the summer is already over. It's gone by really fast. Just a few weeks ago we found out that all of the kids got into our local charter school. It's called Excelsior Academy. This morning after the girls got all dressed up in their uniforms Shari said, "Mom do I look too fancy?" I said, "That's the point of uniforms." Hopefully she'll feel comfortable once she sees how everyone else is dressed at school. I think they all look adorable.

I can't believe Rebecca is in 6th grade. She is growing up so fast. She was so nervous this morning. I hope she has a good day.
Charlie is ready to rule the school. He wasn't the least bit nervous.
Adrian is excited and he was so proud of the way he put his feet in this picture. After I took it he said, "Did you see how cool my feet looked?"
I just woke Donald up and he's already smiling. However, he wasn't to thrilled when the kids all jumped out of the van and left him behind. In fact he cried most of the way home because he wants to go to school now. I'm sure it will take some getting used to but once we get into a routine we'll have fun.

7 comments:

Shari D. Kurtz said...

I know how Donald feels. I feel it all over again, just like I did when I was 4 in North Carolina. I gave Mom such grief. They all look so daper in their uniforms!

RaeAnn said...

They look so cute! Oh, and the things they say!!!

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, I love the uniforms. That's awesome they are going there. I want my kids to too! Guess we'll move to Tooele. Cute pictures, miss you guys!

Kimberly McLaughlin said...

Those kids are lookin' very nice in their uniforms! I hope they love their new school!

Erica the Great said...

Man, Adrian's feet looked awesome in that picture. Easily the funniest thing I've read this year!

Amie said...

Awww... What cute little Blodgetts you have. It was so nice to talk to you last week. That made my whole week. I hope the school routine is working out for you. We're still adjusting. It takes time, right? :)

Katie said...

Congrats on getting into the charter school, I hope they are loving there new school! I love the uniforms!