Monday, August 25, 2008

First Monday of School


It's hard to think of a title for a blog when there is more than one subject to include. I'm starting with school. The kids went to two days of school last week and today is their first Monday so I finally took a picture of them today. Rebecca has Mrs. Francis and seems pleased. She was a little sad she wasn't given the same teacher she had last year who moved up to teaching 4th grade. Shari has Mrs. Alvarez and couldn't be happier. She has a few friends from her 1st grade class so 2nd grade should be a piece of cake. Adrian now no longer uses the word good. He replaces it with great. Example: (Mom) Adrian, how was your day at school? (Adrian) Good, no, I mean it was great! Charlie is getting used to the back-2-school idea. After we walk the kids to school right when we get home he asks for his midmorning snack. I think he thinks it will help the kids come home from school faster if he eats his snack earlier. I am going to attempt to register him for pre-school tomorrow. He always needs somewhere to go and something to do so this should take care of a couple days of the week. I won't do it, however, if I don't get a morning slot so we shall see.
In other news, this weekend we took on the project of taking the weeds out of our front yard "flower bed" and covering them up with landscape fabric and rocks. You be the judge of whether or not it turned out. Dan and I are glad to not have the weeds there. We need a few more bags of rock to completely cover it. Ignore the thirsty tree in the middle. We missed a few weeks of watering and now we are trying to catch up. When it's green and grown it will be a beautiful turkish filbert hazelnut tree.



Today is Donald's 5 month birthday! Dan doesn't consider monthly remembrances of Donald's age birthdays but I love to celebrate! So, here is the "birthday" boy. In all his olympic glory, Donald took gold for being able to sit up at only 4 1/2 months! In other words he's been practicing for a couple of weeks and look how spectacular he is. He can't even believe it himself.





6 comments:

Hunters said...

I'm so in love with your kids. Love, Aunt Jessie

Shari D. Kurtz said...

Ditto on that my sister. I LOVE Donald's expression of joy and surprise! Good luck to all the school going Blodgetts! I hope its a really great year. Love, Shari

Ashley said...

Wahoo, that is awesome Donald's sitting. What a champ. Yeah that school is going well, hopefully Charlie can get into something fun in the mornings. I like the tree/rocks in the front, Nolan hasn't seen it but I'm sure he'd be proud of your landscaping skills.

RaeAnn said...

the real question is who is my new niece in the middle of the kids? you guys have to keep me posted on these things.

The Blodgetts said...

Adria, our neighborhood friend walked home with the girls that day. She's super sweet and I couldn't leave her out of the picture.

Ane said...

YOur children are beautiful. Donald looks like he's grown. I love your tree and landscaping. It looks really pretty and professional. GOod work.